Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: appy at burton

  1. #31
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy at burton

    What has really changed about that mismatch though cvcgrad? Appy lost one of their top rushers, and a couple of their top lineman didn't they? I think it will be much the same as last year as well. I hope it is a good close slobber knocker though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #32
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy at burton

    The game is still going to be a mismatch. I think the same would be true of most any Region D team playing JI Burton.

    Despite being a mismatch, I think Appy vs JI Burton will be a good game because of the way Appalachia plays football. They are not easily intimidated. Last year's Division I playoff game wasn't a "pretty" game to watch, but it was a good game nonetheless.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  3. #33
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy at burton

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Appy wins some, Appy loses some, but I can promise you one thing..... When you play the blue and gold you're gonna get their all </div></div>

    I dunno man, I thought they quit after the first quarter against Burton at uvawise last year.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy at burton

    I can't honestly say that I've ever seen that in an Appy team. Granted, I haven't watched watched every game they've played. But, as long as I've been watching LPD football, Appy has played as hard as any team on the field.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I dunno man, I thought they quit after the first quarter against Burton at uvawise last year. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy at burton

    Did you watch the Playoff game last year?

    I agree that Appy laid down in that one

  6. #36
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy at burton

    Yes I was there and saw the game.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy at burton

    So what were your thoughts on that game?

  8. #38
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy at burton

    Well, as I said before it wasn't a "pretty" game. I honestly thought JIB had the game put away after the first quarter.

    But, I didn't see Appalachia "quitting." Appy was a good team last year and played some very good games. Now, JIB dominated them. I think it would be easy to look at the game and the score and say, "well they just didn't try." But, I disagree. JIB was just that much better a team.

    Near the end of the game, I heard people around the fence making some comments towards the Appy team along the lines of "you don't even belong on the same field." I heard people make comments such as "they should have stopped the game a long time ago." I'll be honest, it bothered me hear things like that. I know Tom T has been gone awhile, but the very last thing I could ever imagine Tom doing was calling a game because his team was getting beat.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy at burton

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I dunno man, I thought they quit after the first quarter against Burton at uvawise last year. </div></div>

    As did their fans. Constant stream of Dawg faithful from the stands after the first quarter.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy at burton

    Not at all what I experienced.

    But, it's a new year. It's Appy vs JIB Friday night, and I'm looking forward to it.


    [quote=NotSoSilentBob As did their fans. Constant stream of Dawg faithful from the stands after the first quarter. [/quote]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •